County and City Announce 2013 St. Patrick's Day Festivities
Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks and City of Rochester Mayor Tom Richards announced details regarding the 2013 St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Greater Rochester.
"The St. Patrick’s Day Parade is one of Monroe County’s most highly anticipated events each and every year, " said Brooks. “This year’s theme, ‘The Shamrock’, is a fitting celebration of the teachings of St. Patrick. I congratulate the honorees and thank the Parade Committee for making this celebration an outstanding family-friendly event that our entire community can enjoy.”
“Once again, the all-volunteer St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee has orchestrated a day of celebration that is sure to extend Rochester’s reputation as home to one of the nation’s best St. Patrick’s Day Parades,” said Mayor Thomas S. Richards. “This wonderful, family-friendly event brings tens of thousands of people Downtown each year, transforming our Center City into a sea of green. I want to congratulate this year’s honorees and thank the many sponsors who make it possible for Rochester to be the home to such a successful parade.” said Richards.
The 2013 St. Patrick’s Day Parade honorees are:
• Grand Marshal – John Savino, Johnny’s Irish Pub
• Community Leader of the Year – Donna and Tom Ecker, Bethany House
• Business Leader of the Year – Kevin Walsh, Jamro Automotive
• Citizen of the Year – Shannonside Dance
• Honorary Marshal – – Thomas P. Mulhern, Rochester Fire Department / US Navy, retired
• In Memoriam – Owen Hynes, via Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians
• Ambassador to Waterford &ncash; Clare Malone, Irish Festival Scholarship Winner
• Saint Patrick – Mark Garland
The St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Greater Rochester will take place on Saturday, March 16th at 12:30 PM. The parade route begins at the corners of East Avenue and Alexander Streets and will proceed up Main Street to Plymouth Avenue. For those who don’t want to brave the weather, but want to join in a great family activity, the Celtic Family Fair will take place from 11AM - 4PM that day inside the Radisson Riverside Hotel. Children’s activities, and music and dancing, will round out the day. This event is free.
If you would like more information regarding the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, or for a full schedule of events, please visit or call the parade hotline at (585) 234-5167.