Moving to Monroe County?
Whether you are moving from one neighborhood to another within Monroe County or soon to become a new resident of Monroe County, there are many details to be taken care of. To start: water, garbage service, recycling, gas and electric, telephone, Internet and newspapers. Start here to find out more about what you need to complete your move.
Business and Professional Organizations
- Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
Information on area real estate agents, open houses and housing prices.
Phone: 585 292-5000
- Greater Rochester Visitors Association
Provides maps, tour guides, hotel information and details on recreation, entertainment and cultural events.
Phone: 585 546-6810
- Rochester Business Alliance
Advocate for business and economic development.
Phone: 585 244-1800
- Better Business Bureau
Phone: 585 546-6776
- NYS Department of Motor Vehicles
Monroe County Auto License Bureau 24-hour Hot Line: 585 753-1603
- Ambulance/Fire/Police Emergencies
Text Telephone Customers (TTY): 9-1-1
- Electric Interruption/Emergency
- Natural Gas Odor/Emergency
TTY (toll-free): 1-800-962-3293
- Oil Spills
Phone: 1-800-424-8802 (voice or TTY)
Gas and Electric/Utilities
- Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation
Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Speech Impaired/Relay Service
- New York Relay Service (emergency and non-emergency)
- Hearing Persons
To communicate with hard of hearing, deaf, speech-impaired who uses a TTY call, toll-free, 24-hours: 1-800-421-1220 or 7-1-1.
- TTY Users
If you are hard of hearing, deaf or speech-impaired – type your message on a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) by calling, toll-free, 24-hours 1-800-662-1220.
- Highland Hospital
Phone: 585 473-2200
- Lakeside Memorial Hospital
Phone: 585 395-6095
- Park Ridge Hospital
Phone: 585 723-7000
- Rochester General Hospital
Phone: 585 922-4000
- Strong Memorial Hospital
Phone: 585 275-2100
- Monroe County Library System and Rochester Public Library
Phone: 585 428-7300
- Democrat And Chronicle
Serves Rochester and Monroe County
Subscriptions: 585 232-5550
- Messenger Post Papers
Serves Towns and Villages in and around Monroe County
- Frontier Corporation
Residential: 585 777-4663
Business: 585 777-9675
Post Office/Change of Address
- United States Postal Service (USPS)
Visit your local Post Office or use their online Change of Address form.
- Monroe County
Phone: 585 527-8110
- Time-Warner Cable
Phone: 585 756-5000
- Monroe County Water Authority
Phone: 585 442-2200