The Community Services Unit offers crime prevention and safety education presentations and displays to thousands of men, women and children in Monroe County each year. Originally formed in 1947 as the Safety Education Division, the unit has grown both in manpower and scope of activities over the years.
In addition to educational presentations, the Community Services Unit provides brochures on many crime prevention and safety education topics for viewing and distribution.
Besides keeping current with the latest crime prevention and personal safety programs available, the Monroe County Sheriff's Community Services Unit has developed a number of its own programs. Its award-winning F.A.I.R. (Fundamentals of Alcohol Intoxication Recognition) Program is now used by many other law enforcement agencies throughout the state and country.
Through the dedication of its staff, the Sheriff's Community Services Unit strives to improve each year and already has earned an "Outstanding Unit Award" for its work.
Email completed Request For Service forms to MCSOCommunityServices@monroecounty.gov
- Crime Prevention Officers and Programs
- D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) Program
- Victim Assistance Program
Other Available Services
- Boater Safety Course
- Child Passenger Safety Fitting Stations
- Home Firearm Safety Course
- Project Lifesaver
- Snowmobile Safety Course Signup
Click on the links below for useful crime prevention and safety information.
- Burglary prevention tips
- Ten common home-repair rip-offs
- How to go on ice and snow
- Child safety and the Internet
- Let’s go shopping!
- Preventing thefts from your vehicle
- Financial frauds & scams
- Add "ICE" to your mobile phone
- Identity Theft Information