Paints & Stains
Paints and stains are accepted at HHW collections. Appointment required. See below for more information.
1/3 can or less of latex paint can be disposed of in the trash and will NOT be accepted at the ecopark. Discard the paint can lid, add kitty litter, mix, let dry, and place in trash.
An innovative partnership between Monroe County and Waste Management to provide a "one stop drop off" for residential recycling.
For use by Monroe County residents only!
Please note that the recycling stations at the ecopark are self-serve (with the exception of Household Hazardous Waste). Residents should be prepared to unload their own items.
Wed 1pm-6:30pm, Sat 7:30am-1pm
Closed on Holidays &
Accepted at ecopark During All Operating Hours for Monroe County Residents Only
- Bulky Plastic Items (no fabric/metal components)
- Clean Styrofoam Packing (no labels or tape)
- Clothing & Accessories (donation)
- Cooking Oil
- Document Destruction (items are destroyed off site)
- Electronic Waste
- Fire Extinguishers
- Flags (U.S.)
- Fluorescent Lights/CFL Bulbs
Fee-Based Items Credit/Debit Card Only
Household Hazardous Waste Appointment Required
- Automotive Fluids (antifreeze, brake, power steering and transmission fluids)
- Cleaners (soaps, waxes, drain cleaners, etc.)
- Driveway Sealers
- Flammables (gasoline, thinners, solvents, etc.)
- Mercury (thermometers, thermostats)
- Paint: Oil-based & Latex (more than 1/3 can full)
- Pesticides/Insecticides & Fertilizers
- Pool & Photo Chemicals
- Resins & Adhesives
- Wood Stain & Preservatives
Click a date below to make a HHW appointment
Unavailable Available Multiple Closed
If you are having trouble scheduling a household hazardous waste appointment or do not have a computer contact Monroe County by calling 585-753-7600 (Option #3). You can leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Not Accepted at ecopark
- 55-Gallon Drums
- Alkaline Batteries
- Building Materials (wood, carpeting, concrete, dry wall, etc.)
- Bullets, Flares, Gunpowder, Explosives (call Sheriff's Office or local police department)
- Dried Paint Can or Less Than 1/3 Can (discard lid, add kitty litter, stir, let dry, place in trash)
Recycling is an international commodities market, where the supply and demand for recycled feedstock can fluctuate due to global dynamics. During certain market conditions, material from recyclers - like the ecopark - may be rejected and landfilled because of the presence of contaminants (non-recyclable materials). Please help us ensure that materials at the ecopark are recycled by only including acceptable items.