Paper Shredding Services/Shredded Paper
The ecopark accepts presorted documents from Monroe County households and holds them in locked bins for periodic off site shredding. This service is not "certified" document destruction.
- Materials should be sorted before coming to facility.
- No envelopes, magazines, newspaper clippings, manila folders, etc.
- Materials from businesses, home offices, etc. will be rejected
Some municipalities offer periodic shredding events for residents with larger quantities of confidential paper. Call your local municipality for availability. Businesses can contact Cascades Recovery for certified document destruction or classified scanning and shredding.
Paper shredded at home can be recycled curbside (in brown paper bags only) or dropped off at the ecopark.
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Beginning Wednesday, March 18 and until further notice, the Monroe County / Waste Management ecopark is CLOSED in response to the State of Emergency in Monroe County due to coronavirus.
Residents who have scheduled appointments for Household Hazardous Waste will be contacted for rescheduling.
Questions regarding Hazardous Waste disposal or recycling can be emailed to: MCDES@monroecounty.gov.
An innovative partnership between Monroe County and Waste Management to provide a "one stop drop off" for residential recycling.
For use by Monroe County residents only!
Please note that the recycling stations at the ecopark are self-serve (with the exception of Household Hazardous Waste). Residents should be prepared to unload their own items.
Accepted at ecopark During All Operating Hours for Monroe County Residents Only
- New! Eyeglasses & Hardcover Books
- Bulky Plastic Items (no fabric/metal components)
- Clean Styrofoam Packing (no labels or tape)
- Clothing & Accessories (donation)
- Cooking Oil
- Document Destruction (items are destroyed off site)
- Electronic Waste
- Fire Extinguishers
- Flags (U.S.)
- Fluorescent Lights/CFL Bulbs
- Paper & Cardboard
- Pharmaceuticals & Rx Bottles
- Plastic Bags & Wrap
- Printer Cartridges
- Propane Tanks (1# and 20# only)
- Rechargeable and Button Batteries NO Alkaline Batteries
- Recyclable Glass/Metal/Plastic Containers
- Sharps & Syringes
- Scrap Metal (including bare tire rims)
Fee-Based Items Credit/Debit Card Only
Household Hazardous Waste Appointment Required
- Automotive Fluids (antifreeze, brake, power steering and transmission fluids)
- Cleaners (soaps, waxes, drain cleaners, etc.)
- Driveway Sealers
- Flammables (gasoline, thinners, solvents, etc.)
- Mercury (thermometers, thermostats)
- Paint: Oil-based & Latex (more than 1/3 can full)
- Pesticides/Insecticides & Fertilizers
- Pool & Photo Chemicals
- Resins & Adhesives
- Wood Stain & Preservatives
Click a date below to make a HHW appointment
HHW Calendar Temporarily Disabled
Not Accepted at ecopark
- 55-Gallon Drums
- Alkaline Batteries
- Building Materials (wood, carpeting, concrete, dry wall, etc.)
- Bullets, Flares, Gunpowder, Explosives (call Sheriff's Office or local police department)
- Dried Paint Can or Less Than 1/3 Can (discard lid, add kitty litter, stir, let dry, place in trash)
Recycling is an international commodities market, where the supply and demand for recycled feedstock can fluctuate due to global dynamics. During certain market conditions, material from recyclers - like the ecopark - may be rejected and landfilled because of the presence of contaminants (non-recyclable materials). Please help us ensure that materials at the ecopark are recycled by only including acceptable items.