Vaping/E-Cigarette Materials and Devices
These products require dismantling before recycling:
- Remove the lithium ion battery – recycle at ecopark in Rechargeable Battery Bin.
- Remove the cartridge that holds the flavored nicotine "vaping" solution – recycle at ecopark with Pharmaceutical Waste.
The remainder of the device can be placed in regular household trash.
An innovative partnership between Monroe County and Waste Management to provide a "one stop drop off" for residential recycling.
For use by Monroe County residents only!
Please note that the recycling stations at the ecopark are self-serve (with the exception of Household Hazardous Waste). Residents should be prepared to unload their own items.
Wed 1pm-6:30pm, Sat 7:30am-1pm
Closed on Holidays
Accepted at ecopark During All Operating Hours For Monroe County Residents Only
NO Appointment Necessary
- New! Eyeglasses & Hardcover Books
- Bulky Plastic Items (no fabric/metal components)
- Clean Styrofoam Packing (no labels or tape)
- Clothing & Accessories (donation)
- Cooking Oil
- Document Destruction (items are destroyed off site)
- Electronic Waste
- Fire Extinguishers
- Flags (U.S.)
- Tube/Flat Screen TVs/Monitors (intact or broken)
- Fluorescent Lights/CFL Bulbs
- Paper & Cardboard
- Pharmaceuticals & Rx Bottles
- Plastic Bags & Wrap
- Printer Cartridges
- Propane Tanks (1# and 20# only)
- Rechargeable and Button Batteries NO Alkaline Batteries
- Recyclable Glass/Metal/Plastic Containers
- Sharps & Syringes
- Scrap Metal (including bare tire rims)
Credit/Debit Card Only
Household Hazardous Waste
- Automotive Fluids (antifreeze, brake, power steering and transmission fluids)
- Cleaners (soaps, waxes, drain cleaners, etc.)
- Driveway Sealers
- Flammables (gasoline, thinners, solvents, etc.)
- Mercury (thermometers, thermostats)
- Paint: Oil-based & Latex (more than 1/3 can full)
- Pesticides/Insecticides & Fertilizers
- Pool & Photo Chemicals
- Resins & Adhesives
- Wood Stain & Preservatives
Click a date below to make a HHW appointment
Unavailable Available Closed
If you are having trouble scheduling a household hazardous waste appointment or do not have a computer contact Monroe County by calling 585-753-7600 (Option #3). You can leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Not Accepted at ecopark
- 55-Gallon Drums
- Alkaline Batteries
- Building Materials (wood, carpeting, concrete, dry wall, etc.)
- Bullets, Flares, Gunpowder, Explosives (call Sheriff's Office or local police department)
- Dried Paint Can or Less Than 1/3 Can (discard lid, add kitty litter, stir, let dry, place in trash)
Recycling is an international commodities market, where the supply and demand for recycled feedstock can fluctuate due to global dynamics. During certain market conditions, material from recyclers - like the ecopark - may be rejected and landfilled because of the presence of contaminants (non-recyclable materials). Please help us ensure that materials at the ecopark are recycled by only including acceptable items.