Skip navigation.

e-Notifier | Login | Register | Help | Contact Us | FAQ | Site Map

New Resident Information

Moving to Monroe County?

Whether you are moving from one neighborhood to another within Monroe County or soon to become a new resident of Monroe County, there are many details to be taken care of. To start: water, garbage service, recycling, gas and electric, telephone, Internet and newspapers. Start here to find out more about what you need to complete your move.

Helpful Information

Business and Professional Organizations

Consumer Services

Driver’s License

Emergency Numbers

  • Ambulance/Fire/Police Emergencies
    Phone: 9-1-1
    Text Telephone Customers (TTY): 9-1-1
  • Electric Interruption/Emergency
    Phone: 1-800-743-1702
  • Natural Gas Odor/Emergency
    Phone: 1-800-743-1701
    TTY (toll-free): 1-800-962-3293
  • Oil Spills
    Phone: 1-800-424-8802 (voice or TTY)

Gas and Electric/Utilities

Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Speech Impaired/Relay Service

  • New York Relay Service (emergency and non-emergency)
    Phone: 7-1-1
  • Hearing Persons
    To communicate with hard of hearing, deaf, speech-impaired who uses a TTY call, toll-free, 24-hours: 1-800-421-1220 or 7-1-1.
  • TTY Users
    If you are hard of hearing, deaf or speech-impaired type your message on a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) by calling, toll-free, 24-hours 1-800-662-1220.






Post Office/Change of Address


  • Monroe County
    Phone: 585 527-8110


  • Time-Warner Cable
    Phone: 585 756-5000