Assisting Pre-Hospital Emergency Care
The Office of Emergency Medical Services assists in the coordination and training of pre-hospital emergency care in Monroe County.
- Provides technical and administrative support to local emergency medical services agencies.
- Investigates and develops recommendations dealing with problems affective the EMS system.
- Administers training programs and services for EMS agencies.
- Provides medical control and quality assurance.
- Administers EMS Mutual Aid plan.
- Serves as information resource to governmental and local agencies (including hospitals and ambulance services) regarding EMS.
- Provides support to Monroe/Livingston REMAC, EMS Council and EMS Advisory Board.
- Administers County supported Critical Incident Stress Management Program.
- Responds to major incidents including Hazardous Materials.
- Responsible for staffing the EMS desk at the county Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- Oversight and management of the Health Alert Network (HAN).