Brooks Declares Evacuation for Select Lakeshore Residents
Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks has signed an evacuation order effective immediately for select lakeshore residents who reside in low-lying areas along the Lake Ontario shoreline. Those affected are being notified by telephone and through public safety personnel going door-to-door. The evacuation order was issued in response to updated weather observations from public safety personnel on scene and storm predictions from the National Weather Service.
If you are near the lakeshore and are unsure if you should evacuate, please call 428-5990 or 211.
Brooks has ordered that those residents affected take immediate action and evacuate to designated shelters. If residents find themselves unable to evacuate, they are asked to call 654-7030 to receive transportation. Given the uncertainty of how long the evacuation will last, residents are encouraged to bring their pets and any of their medications with them. In the event those evacuated have pets, they must go to the shelter located in the Dome Arena.
The Red Cross has opened shelters at the following locations:
- The Dome Arena, 2695 East Henrietta Road, Henrietta, New York 14467
- Brighton Presbyterian Church, 1775 East Avenue Rochester, NY 14610
- Greece Olympia High School, 1139 Maiden Lane, Rochester, NY 14615
- Sweden Community Center, 133 State Street, Brockport, NY 14420
- Webster Recreation Center, 1350 Chiyoda Dr.,Webster, NY 14580