HEALing Communities Study (HCS)
We are partnering with Columbia University and many local stakeholders to prevent opioid misuse and treat Opioid Use Disorder. This project is focusing on:
- Educating high-risk populations
- Improving delivery of medications for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUDs)
- Increasing safety of opioid prescribing and dispensing practices
The initiative is part of a research study, launched by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). The study strives to reduce opioid overdose deaths by 40%.
HCS/SoulYOUtions Family Support Forums
Do you have a family member or close friend who is experiencing substance use disorder? The Monroe County Department of Public Health and its HEALing Communities Study partners are sponsoring SoulYOUtions, a series of family support forums to help you find resources and support, learn more about substance use disorder, and have an opportunity to share your experience. The forums are free, but registration is requested.
- Thursday, June 1st: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Parish, 864 E. Main St., Rochester 14605
- Thursday, June 8th: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Parish, 864 E. Main St., Rochester 14605
- Thursday, June 15th: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Parish, 864 E. Main St., Rochester 14605
- Saturday, June 24th: 11:00 AM- 2:00 PM at Arnett Branch Library, 310 Arnett Blvd., Rochester 14619
- Check back for additional dates, times and locations