Phone: 585 753-5171
Fax: 585 753-6014
What We Do
- Respond to reported animal bites and potential exposures, including consultation with medical personnel for follow up on post-exposure medical treatment when necessary.
- Submit suspected animal specimens to the New York State Laboratory in Albany for rabies analysis.
- Monitor 10-day confinement and 6-month quarantine of domestic animals involved in human contact or contact with potentially rabid animals.
Rabies Vaccination Clinics
- Conduct free rabies immunization clinics for dogs, cats and ferrets.
- Immunization records are maintained for animals receiving immunizations at clinics.
- 2022 Rabies Clinic Schedule
Note: The Pittsford Rabies Clinics has been postponed. The schedule will be updated when a new date is chosen.