Community Services Board Overview
Each county in New York State is required under NYS Mental Hygiene Law to have a Community Services Board. In Monroe County, the Community Services Board (CSB) acts in an advisory capacity to the Director of Mental Health. The CSB provides advice for the Monroe County Office of Mental Health about:
- Needs of persons with mental disabilities
- System-wide priorities
- Development of local services programs
- Establishment of long-range goals
- Development of intermediate range plans and forecasts.
The CSB is comprised of fifteen (15) persons from the community that have demonstrated an interest in the field of services for persons with mental disabilities. The CSB has three standing subcommittees:
- Alcoholism and Substance Use Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Developmental Disabilities Subcommittee
These subcommittees are comprised of CSB members and other interested persons from the community. The subcommittees represent the community's interests in each area and serve to assist the Board with their advisory responsibility.
The Community Services Board meets five times per year on the second Monday of the following months: February, April, June, September and November from 3:30 until 5:00 p.m. at the Monroe County Office of Mental Health. Board meetings are open to the public. It is recommended that persons interested in attending any meeting should call the Office of Mental Health at 585 753-6047 the day of the meeting to confirm the meeting is being held as scheduled.
2022 CSB Meeting Dates:
- February 8, 2022
- April 12, 2022
- June 14, 2022
- September 13, 2022
- November 8, 2022
Current Board Members
- Lawana Jones (Chair) (Chair-Developmental Disabilities Subcommittee)
- Ginny Giesow (Vice Chair)
- Thalia Wright, Ex-Officio
- April Aycock
- Craig Johnson (Chair-Alcohol and Substance Use Subcommittee)
- Michael Mendoza, M.D., MPH, MS, Ex-Officio
- Marielena Velez de Brown, MD, MPH, Representative
- Heather Newton (Chair-Mental Health Subcommittee)
Interested In Being On the Board or a Subcommittee?
Send an email outlining your area of interest along with a resume to:
Please use the subject line: CSB Interest