Book Appointment APPOINTMENT OR MAIL-IN
One person per appointment and a maximum of 5 guns for in-person appointments. Any transactions with more than 5 guns must be left at our office for processing.
When a firearm is obtained from a dealer or sold to a dealer, you are required to bring all of the following:
- Filled out amendment form
- Original or copy of the bill of sale on dealer’s letterhead listing the seller’s name, address, phone number, Federal Firearms License (FFL) number, New York State Dealer License number, and description of the firearm.
- Payment of $3 - cash or check made out to Monroe County Clerk
In order to process your transaction quickly, we recommend that you also include the County Clerk's bill of sale form in addition to the above 3 items.
EFFECTIVE MONDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2022: The County Clerk's bill of sale form is recommended to be included with any gun addition transaction. Any gun addition amendments without the County Clerk's bill of sale form will require review by the Licensing Officer. These forms are not to be used with the removal of guns from a permit.
Monroe County Clerk's Bill of Sale
If you are mailing in or dropping off your transaction you must also provide:
- A copy of your entire pistol permit (including firearm cards)
- Your phone number so we can contact you with any questions
Upon review and acceptance of these documents, a clerk will mail back an updated permit and a coupon. PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR THIS PROCESS TO OCCUR. Do not contact us about the status until it has been at least 14 business days as your call or email will not be returned.
If you have a plastic permit you are required to dispose of your old permit upon receipt of your new permit. This does not apply to paper permits, you must keep your old permit with your new permit.