View general FOIL info including details on appeals & fees
Get what you’re looking for quicker!
Many Freedom of Information (FOIL) requests for content are readily available online from Monroe County or under the jurisdiction of the City of Rochester’s FOIL system. Below are links to various government agency databases where you can search for commonly-requested records.
FOIL requests can take up to 20 days (or longer). Skip the wait and see if what you’re looking for is already available to you!
- 911 Records
- Rochester Police Department Police Reports
- Property Records for City of Rochester Addresses
- Traffic, Parking & Municipal Violations with the City of Rochester
- Motor Vehicle Accident Reports (accidents within Monroe County limits)
- Request for Reduction in Traffic Infraction
- Certain Court Documents, Liens, Deeds & More on County Clerk's Database
The City of Rochester maintains records relating to City government and police only, not records of suburbs and towns, Monroe County, the State of New York, the United States Government or any other municipality. Click Here to access a list of documents pertaining to The City of Rochester government available for request.
If the information you're seeking is not covered by the links above, please use the FOIL request form below.