Hours: M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm
Phone: 585 753-PARK (7275)
Fax: 585 753-7284
Email: [email protected]
Seneca Park Zoo - Tropics Project Updates
Please click here to visit our project updates page for the latest information and renderings about the improvements currently under construction at Seneca Park Zoo, including our new Tropics Complex and main entry plaza.
Full List of Parks - Click For Info & Maps
Online Lodge & Shelter Reservations
Secure a lodge or shelter for your upcoming event!
Online Recreation Field & Trail Reservation Requests
Request a reservation for one of the many athletic fields at any of our parks for a single day or the entire spring, summer, or fall season.
Online Wedding Reservations at Highland Park
Reserve the Lilac Arches, the Sunken Garden, or the Lamberton Conservatory in Highland Park for your wedding ceremony, reception, or pictures (not all activities permitted at all locations).
Online Campsite Reservations at Webster Park
The webster family campground is open between May 1st and October 1st.
- Campground Rules
- Price List for Camping Sites
- Reservation, Payment, Cancellation, Transfer, and Refund Policies
- Webster Park Info
The Monroe County Parks Department is comprised of dedicated staff working with community partners in effectively and efficiently providing an array of park services. This ensures that everyone may enjoy recreational and educational opportunities while treasuring the natural, zoological, horticultural, historical and geological features of the Monroe County Parks System.
Events In the Parks
Dog Park Registration
NEW! Dog parks registration and renewal can now be completed online.
You may register your dog for the Monroe County Dog Parks online or at the Monroe County Parks Administrative Office, located at 171 Reservoir Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620, across the street from the Lamberton Conservatory in Highland Park. Registration is open during regular business hours, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Mondays through Fridays (excluding Holidays). Extended application dates begin on October 1st.
Seasonal Parks Information
- Athletic fields: Fields are open May 1st for the spring season, and stay open through October 31st (dependent on conditions).
- We do not permit usage from November until May.
- We start accepting Special Use Field Applications (for spring, summer, and fall seasons) each year on the last Friday of January at 8:30am.
- Boat Launches (non-motorized, canoes, kayaks, rowboats): Launches at Black Creek, Churchville, Ellison, Irondequoit Bay Park West, and Mendon Ponds Parks are available seasonally between early spring and late fall.
- Camping: Trailer, RV, Mobile Home, and tent camping for families is available at Webster Park from May 1st until October 31st. Click here to make reservations.
- Youth/ Scout tent camping is available at Greece Canal, Mendon Ponds, Northampton, and Webster Parks all year.
- Carousel: The cost is $1 per ride and children 2 and under ride for free with a paying adult.
The 2023 Schedule
- Cross-Country Skiing: Groomed trails are available at Durand Eastman, Mendon Ponds, and Webster Parks, seasonally, as conditions allow, during winter months. Please visit the Rochester Cross Country Ski Foundation website for daily conditions.
- Disc Golf: Baskets at Churchville and Ellison Parks go up for the season in mid April, and stay up until early to mid November
- Dog Parks: Dog parks are open all year from 7am until dusk.
- The interior areas of the dog parks are not plowed, shoveled, or salted.
- Downhill Skiing: Groomed ski hill available at Powder Mills Park((585)-586-1470), as conditions allow, during winter months.
- Golf: Golf courses are located at Churchville, Durand Eastman, and Genesee Valley Parks.
- Courses are open, as conditions allow, from early spring until early November.
- Visit the Monroe County Parks Golf website for more information about hours, rates and courses and to book tee times!
- Ice Fishing: Ice fishing is popular at Durand Eastman, Irondequoit Bay Park West, and Mendon Ponds Parks.
- Ice fishing is done at your own risk, and should not be done if ice thickness is not sufficient.
- Ice Skating: Groomed natural-ice surfaces are available in Churchville and Highland Parks. Ellison Park has a flooded parking lot surface.
- Ellison Ice Rink
- Churchville Ice Rink
- Highland Ice Rink
- Rinks are open, as conditions allow, during winter months.
- When ice conditions allow, rink hours are 10am until 10pm.
- Ice skating is not permitted elsewhere in the Monroe County Parks.
- Equipment is not available for rent in any park.
- Warming huts are available nearby the rinks at Churchville and Highland Parks.
- Ice conditions will vary depending on weather.
- Ice skating is done at your own risk.
- Off-Road Bicycling: Permitted only in Irondequoit Bay Park West and Tryon Park, and is strongly discouraged when trails are wet and/or muddy.
- Sledding: Designated sledding hills can be found at Black Creek, Ellison, Mendon Ponds, Northampton, and Webster Parks.
- Sledding in non-designated areas is not permitted. Please call Park Office for conditions.
- Snowshoeing: Snowshoeing is permitted on designated hiking trails, or in open fields, in any Monroe County Park.
- Snowshoers should avoid walking on groomed cross country ski trails. Instead, they should walk along side them.
- Snowshoeing is done at your own risk.
- Swimming: Swimming at Ontario Beach is open daily from 11am-7pm(dependent on conditions) from End of June 2023 through and including Labor Day (September).
- Tennis and pickleball: Nets at Churchville, Ellison, Greece Canal, Ontario Beach, and Webster Parks go up for the season around May 1st and stay up until around October 31st.
- Spring/Summer/Fall Activities: Click here for a flyer about Spring/Summer/Fall activities.
- Winter Activities: Click here for a flyer about Winter activities.
Special Use Permits
Examples of Special Use include:
- Charity and other Runs, Bike Rides, Walks
- Open to the Public Fundraisers/ Charity Events/ Awareness Events
- Races (Snowshoe, Road, Trail, Bike, Triathlons, large XC Meets, etc.)
- Festivals, Fairs, Carnivals, Expos, public Picnics
- Summer Camps
- Fishing Derbies
- Large, public, outdoor recreation events (e.g. orienteering)
- Military , Police, Fire, Ambulance Trainings
- Memorial Events (Fred Doug, AIDS, Workers, Victims, Vietnam Vets
- Ticketed Events
- Religious Ed/ Info Booths
- Regattas/ Boat races
- Large Company picnics
- Large or Open to the Public Fundraiser picnics
- Horse events/ Rides
- Commercial and Student Film/Photo Shoots
- Wellness Events/ Festivals
- Music events (e.g. Drum Corps) and Theater performances
- Motorcycle rides and Car Shows
- Food Truck events
- Other (e.g. Model Flying Field Events, Ham Radio Event, Public Safety awareness Event)
- Public programs, classes, Hikes, Tours,Trail runs, Walking classes/groups, Birding hikes, Canoe/ kayak “hikes”
- Exercise classes, Yoga, Boot camp, Running training, Fitness training, HikYoga, Disc Golf tournaments, Bike demo days
- Large Athletic/ Sports Tournaments
- Large Scout Camping Events (e.g. Klondikes, Camporees)
- Education/ Environmental Ed Events
- Sports leagues, Kickball, Softball, Ultimate Frisbee, Wiffleball, Soccer, Rugby, Cricket
Monroe County Parks: By the Numbers
- 12,000 Acres
- 22 Parks
- 32 Athletic Fields
- 350+ Special Events
- Endless miles of trails
- 1 Conservatory
- 1 Public Campground
- 46 Campsites
- 4 Scout/Youth Camping Areas
- 2 Dog Parks
- with reciprocal access to 3 additional dog parks
- 2 Arboretums (Durand and Highland)
- 2 parks for Off-road cycling
- 1 Beach for Swimming
4 Canoe and Kayak launches
1 Fish hatchery (Powder Mills)
1 Model airplane flying field (Northampton)
7 parks with Pickleball courts
4 parks with Tennis courts
6 parks with Designated Sledding Hills
2 parks with Downhill Skiing
3 parks with Groomed Cross Country Ski Trails
2 Disc Golf Courses
3 parks with Golf Courses
81 total Holes
3 Ice Skating Rinks
1 Working/Educational Farm (Springdale Farm)
1 Bird Sanctuary (Wild Wings, Inc.)