An innovative partnership between Monroe County and WM to provide a "one stop drop off" for residential recycling.
For use by Monroe County residents only!
Click here for information on Business, Not-For-Profit, Church and Out of County Resident Waste and Recycling Disposal.
Please note that the recycling stations at ecopark are self-serve (with the exception of Household Hazardous Waste). Residents should be prepared to unload their own items.
Due to high demand on Wednesday afternoon from 1pm - 3pm and Saturday afternoon from 12pm – 1pm, please expect a longer than usual wait time.
Accepted at ecopark During All Operating Hours
For Monroe County Residents Only - NO Appointment Necessary
- Bulky Plastic Items (no fabric/metal components)
- Clean Styrofoam Packing (no labels or tape)
- Clothing & Accessories (donation)
- Cooking Oil
- Document Destruction (items are destroyed off site)
- Electronic Waste
- Fire Extinguishers
- Flags (U.S.)
- Tube/Flat Screen TVs/Monitors (intact or broken)
- Fluorescent Lights/CFL Bulbs
Fee-Based Items - Credit/Debit Card Only (Only Mastercard & Visa accepted - NO Discover/AmEx)
- Aerosol Cans (cleaners, lubricants, paints, etc.)
- Automotive Fluids (antifreeze, brake, power steering and transmission fluids)
- Car Cleaners (Tire Cleaner, Armor All, Etc.)
- Household Cleaners (soaps, waxes, drain cleaners, etc.)
- Driveway/Asphalt/Concrete Sealers
- Flammables (gasoline, Kerosene, thinners, strippers, solvents, glues, etc.)
- Glues, Caulk, Paste, Etc.
Not Accepted at ecopark
- 55-Gallon Drums
- Alkaline Batteries
- Building Materials (wood, carpeting, concrete, dry wall, etc.)
- Bullets, Flares, Gunpowder, Explosives (call Sheriff's Office or local police department)
- Business Generated Waste
- Dried Paint Can or Less Than 1/3 Can (discard lid, add kitty litter, stir, let dry, place in trash)
- Fiberglass Products
- Foam Packaging & Insulation (Only #6 Clean, White Packaging Styrofoam Accepted)
- Glazing/Spackle/Joint Compound (place in trash)
- Household Garbage/Trash
- Plastic & Rubber Hose/Tubing (Garden Hose, Vacuum Hose, Rigid and Flexible Tubing, etc.)
- PVC Pipe
- Radioactive Materials
- Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detectors
- Styrofoam™ Packing Peanuts and Food Containers (egg cartons, coffee cups, meat trays, etc.)
- Tarps and Pool Covers
- Used Motor Oil (contact service station or retailer)
Not sure if an item you want to recycle is accepted at the ecopark?
- Click here to use the ecopark website’s Material / Item Search
- Still not sure? Click here to ask a question.
Recycling is an international commodities market, where the supply and demand for recycled feedstock can fluctuate due to global dynamics. During certain market conditions, material from recyclers - like ecopark - may be rejected and landfilled because of the presence of contaminants (non-recyclable materials). Please help us ensure that materials at ecopark are recycled by only including acceptable items.