Mental Health Services Overview
The Monroe County Office of Mental Health oversees the mental health system and provides funding to a number of community agencies for the provision of services to individuals with mental illness and their families. Mental Health services are available for adults, adolescents and children.
Mental Health Services include:
- Emergency—crisis services
- Inpatient—acute and intermediate levels of care
- Outpatient treatment—individual and group
- Residential/housing services
- Community support programs—vocational support, respite, family support, self-help, consumer initiatives, socialization and recreation opportunities
Community mental health services are aimed at offering individuals and families treatment and support services that assist them in successfully living in the community, avoiding unnecessary hospitalization or out-of-home placement.
- Contact provider agency directly
- For adult mental health care coordination and residential services, see the referral forms on the Adult SPOA Referrals page and contact the Monroe County Single Point of Access (SPOA) Manager at 753-2874.
- For child and adolescent mental health care coordination and residential services contact the Monroe County Single Point of Access (SPOA) Manager at 753-2881.
- Catholic Family Center
- Children's Institute
- DePaul Community Services
- East House Corporation
- Endeavor Health Services
- Gavia LifeCare Center
- Hillside Children’s Center
- Hillside Work Scholarship
- Housing Options Made Easy
- Ibero American Action League
- Liberty Resources Behavioral Health, Monroe County
- Lifetime Assistance
- Mental Health Association
- Monroe County Dept. of Social Services
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Rochester
- Rochester Regional Health System
- Rochester Psychiatric Center
- Rochester Rehabilitation
- Strong Memorial Hospital
- The Healing Connection, Inc.
- Unity Health System (Rochester Regional Health System)
- Urban League of Rochester
- Villa of Hope