- Employment/Civil Service Exam Application
- Application Completion Guidelines
- Form VC-1 (Application for Veteran’s Credit)
- Form VC-4 (Veteran’s Disability Records Release)
- Summer Employment Application
- Change of Name/Address Form
- Crossfiler Form
- Physician Cert Form for Agility Test - Road Patrol & Civil
- Physician Cert Form for Agility Test - Jailor & Court
Each exam requires an individual application form. For help completing an application refer to the Application Completion Guidelines.
If you have applied for examinations offered on the same date as another civil service commission (ex. City of Rochester, New York State or another County), you must complete a crossfiler form.
Monroe County Civil Service does not review or endorse any commercially available study guides, but the downtown Central Library does have a Job Information Center that can be of assistance in exam preparation and CSEA members can access unofficial preparation material through their union.
The following Civil Service Exam Study Guides for selected entry-level titles are available in PDF format.
- Account/Audit Clerical Series, Entry-Level
- Caseworker Series
- Civil Deputies - Court Security Series
- Clerical/Steno/Typist Series, Entry-Level
- Custodians and Janitors Series, Entry-Level
- Custodians and Janitors Series, High-Level
- Dietitian and Nutritionist Series
- Entry-Level Correction Officer Series Study Guide.pdf
- Fire Chief/Assistant Fire Chief Series
- Firefighter Series
- Correctional Supervisor Series, First Line
- Food Service/School Lunch Manager Series
- Higher Level Account Clerical Series
- Investigator Series (Non-Police)
- Law Enforcement Officer Entry Level (Deputy Sheriff Road Patrol/Police Officer) (REVISED 7-11-19)
- Legal Services Series
- Parks and Grounds Series
- Police Chief/Assistant Chief Series
- Police Supervisors/Investigator Series
- Probation Series
- Public Health Technician Series
- Safety and Security Series
- Second- and Third-Line Police Supervisors Series,
- Senior Stenographer/Senior Typist Series
- Social Welfare Examiner Series
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator/Trainee Series
Monroe County Civil Service does not review or endorse any commercially available study guides, but the Central Library does have a Job Information Center that can be of assistance in exam preparation.