This mostly undeveloped parkland is home to wildlife and fishing enthusiasts. Approximately one mile of this creek (both banks) runs through the 461-acre Oatka Creek Park.
Location and Directions
Oatka Creek Park is located in the southern portion of the county in the Town of Wheatland, at 9797 Union Street, Scottsville, New York 14546, south of Route 383 (Scottsville Road), west of Union Street (County Road 170). Enter the park from Union Street and Stewart Road.
Common Recreation Activities at Oatka Creek Park
- Cross-Country Skiing (non-groomed)
- Fishing- Fishing is allowed in Oatka Creek Park as long as those fishing are following NYS Department of Environmental Conservation guidelines and rules and have the required licenses.
- Geo-caching (approximately 13 caches)
- Horseback Riding
Rules and Regulations
- Oatka Creek Park has a Carry-in Carry-out rule, which means you must take all your garbage with you for disposal after leaving the park.
- All pets must be leashed and you are responsible for cleaning up after them.
Lodges and Shelters
This park offers one lodge for rent.
The capacity of the lodge in the park is 50 people. Inside it includes picnic tables, a wood burning stove, an oven and refrigerator. The bathrooms are located inside the lodge and water is available inside.
For information and reservations please call 585 753-PARK (7275) or go to our Online Lodge & Shelter Reservation System.
Oatka Creek Park has two soccer fields that are available for rent. Click here to request a field reservation online for the Special Use Application or call 585 753-PARK (7275) for more information.