NOTICE: OFFICE IS OPEN FOR APPOINTMENTS ONLY AT THIS TIME
Please call 585-753-2639 to schedule an appointment if needed
1099 Jay Street,
Building J - 2nd Floor
Free parking available in front of the building
The Family Access and Connection Team is committed to creating family driven, strength based, individualized responses to Monroe County’s highest risk/highest need youth and families. Through the exploration of family needs by way of engagement and intervention we support family empowerment and promote healthy positive changes within our community.
What is FACT?
FACT is Monroe County’s integrated entry point to care for our community’s highest needs/ highest risk children and youth, incorporating the Monroe County Office of Mental Health, Office of Probation – Community Corrections and Department of Human Services.
- We understand that children who come in contact with higher level systems, such as Juvenile Justice, Child Protective Services or Hospitals, often have unidentified or unmet needs.
- Our goal is to prevent youth with Behavioral Challenges from getting involved with higher level systems.
- FACT strives to empower families to work through their challenges using natural supports and our collective knowledge, experience and connections.
- Monroe County Office of Probation – Community Corrections Family Services Division
- Monroe County Department of Human Services – Division of Child and Family Services
- Monroe County Department of Human Services – Office of Mental Health
What does FACT do?
The Family Access and Connection Multidisciplinary Team is a center of excellence and convener in determining precision of fit and acuity of need, with regard to intervention(s) within family, community systems and collaborative partners.
- An entity that serves youth and families who present with complex issues. Staff respond to clients and collaborate to provide a tiered response.
- Immediate, strength based & trauma informed assessment of highest need youth and families and appropriate referral and linkage to an expanded network of collaborative partners.
- Sophisticated responses that promote stabilization of youth and families with a focus on community based supports to avoid petition to family court and the use of congregate care.
FACT Core Values:
- Family Driven
- Trauma Informed
- Community Based
- Culturally and Linguistically Competent
“Stay focused. Never give up!”
-Annette, parent and co-creator of the Monroe County Family Voice Program
Who should call FACT?
Parents or guardians can call FACT if they need support with their school aged children who are exhibiting a pattern or challenges with the following behaviors:
- Family conflict
- Leaving home without permission, violating curfew
- Struggling with school placement or performance
- Acting out aggressively or not following rules at home
- Stealing, trespassing, vandalism, gang involvement, sex trafficking
- Using drugs and alcohol
- School attendance concerns
School districts can submit truancy referrals with FACT. Our team is also available to consult with districts and families regarding student needs and assist them in implementing a plan to address school related concerns.