50 W. Main St., Suite 4122
Rochester, New York 14614
Phone: (585) 753-3012
"Prevention, Intervention, & Resolution"
Within the Department of Public Safety lies the Division of Safety and Security. Our mission is to provide physical protection of County Employees and visitors at numerous County sites while maintaining the highest degree of integrity. Dedicated security professionals are monitoring County assets twenty four hours a day, seven days a week while providing support by implementing strategic security access control measures as well as monitoring strategically placed cameras.
An Administrator, Security Supervisor, and Security Coordinator are responsible for the oversight of over 65 contracted Security Officers that are located at various County sites.
The safety and security of Monroe County Staff, Visitors, and Volunteers are our highest priority and first responsibility. Working closely with our community partners in Law Enforcement, EMS, and Fire Service the Safety and Security Division is responsible for things such as:
- Monitoring access control alarms located in security sensitive areas
- Creating, implementing, and practicing Emergency Response Plans at County sites
- Maintain and monitor security screening stations located at County buildings
- Providing support to County sites during events
- Conducting Security assessments at County sites to determine if/what strategic measures could be implemented to further protect County assets
Another key component of the Safety and Security division is to provide Monroe County employees educational tools that will help keep them and their work environments safe. Some of these trainings include:
- Basic Security Training. This is a training that teaches the employees what to look for and how they can keep their environment safe.
- Situational Awareness Training
- Workplace Violence Education