Rapid Engagement is a service of the Monroe County Department of Human Services/Office of Mental Health. The Engagement Facilitator is available through the Office of Mental Health to individuals in Monroe County who have a mental health or substance use/co-occurring disorder. The program is designed to make recovery possible for individuals who have had frequent unsuccessful DHS application attempts and/or use of Emergency Housing services.
Benefits of participation in the program include: Motivational coaching, benefits advocacy, housing assistance, and support in linking to behavioral health, medical, transportation, legal and vocational services.
Who is eligible for R.E.D.?
Monroe County Office of Mental Health criteria for eligibility are:
- A mental health or substance use/co-occurring disorder
- Adults 18 years of age or older
- Resident of Monroe County
- Three or more or any combination of DHS applications or use of DHS Emergency Housing in the past 12 months
- Eligible for Temporary Assistance
What are the benefits?
Our Engagement Facilitator, together with participants and providers, will achieve:
- Engagement and successful retention of recovery serves
- Discontinued/reduced use of alcohol and drugs
- successful completion of DHS applications
- Reduced Medicaid and Public Assistance costs
- Decreased days homeless, in jail, prison, hospital, detoxification center or emergency housing
For further information contact:
Phone: 585 753-6333
email: [email protected]