Office of the Monroe County Clerk
39 West Main Street
Rochester, New York 14614
New Gun Laws -- Frequently Asked Questions
The Division of Criminal Justice Services and New York State Police have developed FAQs regarding recent changes to New York State firearm laws that take effect Thursday, Sept. 1, 2022.
Pistol/Revolver Permit Recertification -- Frequently Asked Questions
The State Police has developed FAQs regarding changes to the Pistol/Revolver License recertification laws that take effect on Thursday, Sept. 1, 2022.
Minimum Standards for Firearm Safety Training
On August 25, 2022, the Division of Criminal Justice Services and New York State Police released their minimum standards for firearm safety training that take effect Friday, Sept. 1, 2022.
You can find more information about the recent changes to NY gun laws at https://gunsafety.ny.gov/.
Pistol Permits Information
- Pistol Info Email List Signup
- Transferring a Firearm To or From a Dealer
- Transferring a Firearm From a Family Member
- Co-Registering a Firearm
- Address Change
- Adding a Firearm From a Deceased Individual
- Applying for a Pistol Permit
- Semiautomatic Rifle Permits
- Plastic Card Conversion
- Name Change
- Transferring a Pistol Permit