10 Avion Drive, Rochester, NY 14624
Visit Us On Facebook
Wed 1pm-6:30pm, Sat 7:30am-1pm
Closed on Holidays
An innovative partnership between Monroe County and WM to provide a "one stop drop off" for residential recycling.
For use by Monroe County residents only!
Click here for information on Business, Not-For-Profit, Church and Out of County Resident Waste and Recycling Disposal.
NEWecopark can now recycle Lithium batteries. Click here for more info.
Please note that the recycling stations at ecopark are self-serve (with the exception of Household Hazardous Waste). Residents should be prepared to unload their own items.
Due to high demand on Wednesday afternoons from 1pm - 3pm and Saturday afternoons from 12pm – 1pm, please expect a longer than usual wait time.
Accepted at ecopark During All Operating Hours
For Monroe County Residents Only - NO Appointment Necessary
- Bulky Plastic Items (no fabric/metal components)
- Clean Styrofoam Packing (no labels or tape)
- Clothing & Accessories (donation)
- Cooking Oil
- Document Destruction (items are destroyed off site)
- Electronic Waste
- Fire Extinguishers
- Flags (U.S.)
- Tube/Flat Screen TVs/Monitors (intact or broken)
- Fluorescent Lights/CFL Bulbs
Fee-Based Items - Credit/Debit Card Only (Only Mastercard & Visa accepted - NO Discover/AmEx)
- Passenger Vehicle Tires On Rims $12-$40
- Tires Off Rims $5-$20
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Aerosol Cans (cleaners, lubricants, paints, etc.)
- Automotive Fluids (antifreeze, brake, power steering and transmission fluids)
- Car Cleaners (Tire Cleaner, Armor All, Etc.)
- Household Cleaners (soaps, waxes, drain cleaners, etc.)
- Driveway/Asphalt/Concrete Sealers
- Flammables (gasoline, Kerosene, thinners, strippers, solvents, glues, etc.)
- Glues, Caulk, Paste, Etc.
- Mercury (thermometers, thermostats)
- Paint: Oil-based & Latex (more than 1/3 can full)
- Pesticides/Insecticides & Fertilizers
- Pool & Photo Chemicals
- Resins & Adhesives
- Wood Stain & Preservatives
Not Accepted at ecopark
- 55-Gallon Drums
- Alkaline Batteries
- Building Materials (wood, carpeting, concrete, dry wall, etc.)
- Bullets, Flares, Gunpowder, Explosives (call Sheriff's Office or local police department)
- Business Generated Waste
- Dried Paint Can or Less Than 1/3 Can (discard lid, add kitty litter, stir, let dry, place in trash)
- Fiberglass Products
- Foam Packaging & Insulation (Only #6 Clean, White Packaging Styrofoam Accepted)
- Glazing/Spackle/Joint Compound (place in trash)
- Household Garbage/Trash
- Plastic & Rubber Hose/Tubing (Garden Hose, Vacuum Hose, Rigid and Flexible Tubing, etc.)
- PVC Pipe
- Radioactive Materials
- Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detectors
- Styrofoam™ Packing Peanuts and Food Containers (egg cartons, coffee cups, meat trays, etc.)
- Tarps and Pool Covers
- Used Motor Oil (contact service station or retailer)
Not sure if an item you want to recycle is accepted at the ecopark?
- Click here to use the ecopark website’s Material / Item Search
- Still not sure? Click here to ask a question.
Recycling is an international commodities market, where the supply and demand for recycled feedstock can fluctuate due to global dynamics. During certain market conditions, material from recyclers - like ecopark - may be rejected and landfilled because of the presence of contaminants (non-recyclable materials). Please help us ensure that materials at ecopark are recycled by only including acceptable items.