; Adam Bello, County Executive

Party Enrollment

Current Enrollment Statistics:

Party Enrollment

By enrolling in a constituted party you can help designate candidates by signing petitions and voting in a primary election.  You are not obligated to vote for your party’s candidate in the General Election however, you may cast your vote for any candidate on any party line.

To vote in a Primary Election, you must register for one of the following constituted political parties by indicating your preference on the voter registration form: Democratic, Republican, Conservative, Working Families.

You can also choose to write-in a party or not enroll in a party, but in either of these cases you will not be able to participate in a primary.

Changing Enrollment

If you are currently actively registered to vote and are enrolled in one of the constituted political parties, you may request at any time to change your party enrollment.  If you are actively registered to vote and are currently unaffiliated with any constituted political party or "Blank", you may request at any time to become enrolled in one of the constituted political parties.

To change or add party affiliation, fill out a voter registration form making sure to indicate your new party choice and submit the registration form to the Board of Elections by mail or in person.

*(From the New York State Board of Elections website - A change of enrollment received up until February 14th each year will be effective immediately.  Changes received on or after February 15th until seven days after the June Primary will be set aside and opened the seventh day following the June Primary and entered in the voter's registration record.)  


Prior Enrollment Years

The following are the Official Fall Enrollment numbers for each year noted.  They represent the eligible voters for that year's General Election.

Political Parties

  print this page    email this page    back to top

Accessibility and Standards · Disclaimer and Privacy Policy · Non-Discrimination Policy

Official Site of Monroe County, New York. Copyright © 2019 Monroe County. All Rights Reserved.
Comments or suggestions? Please Contact Us

Email Newsletter Signup
Youth Advocate Awards