Book Appointment APPOINTMENT OR MAIL-IN
One person per appointment and a maximum of 5 guns for in-person appointments. Any transactions with more than 5 guns must be left at our office for processing.
If you wish to co-register a firearm, you need the following items:
- Filled out amendment form
- Completed Co-Registration Consent Form
- Payment of $3 - cash or check made out to Monroe County Clerk
If you are mailing in or dropping off your transaction you will need:
- A copy of your entire pistol permit (including firearm cards)
- Your phone number so we can contact you with any questions
Upon review and acceptance of these documents, a clerk will mail back an updated permit. PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR THIS PROCESS TO OCCUR. Do not contact us about the status until it has been at least 14 business days as your call or email will not be returned.
If you have a plastic permit you are required to dispose of your old permit upon receipt of your new permit. This does not apply to paper permits, you must keep your old permit with your new permit.