Voter Registration Form - Spanish
(Descargar el formulario de registro de votante en Español)
On This Page
- You must be 18 years old (you may pre-register at 16 or 17 but cannot vote until you are 18)
- You must be a United States Citizen
- You must be a resident of Monroe County for at least 30 days prior to the election
- You must not be in prison for a felony conviction
- You must not be claiming the right to vote elsewhere
- You may not be found incompetent by a court
To register online, you will need:
- NYS driver license, permit, or non-driver ID card
- ZIP Code currently on record with the DMV
- Social security number
Please note a voter cannot submit a registration form online or by fax, an original signature is required so registration forms must be delivered to the Board of Elections either by mail or in person.
- Complete the entire registration form. Remember to check the box next to the political party in which you wish to enroll. If you do not wish to be affiliated with any party, check the appropriate box.
- Sign and date your registration form in blue or black ink. This is required!
- Mail (do not fax or e-mail) the completed registration form to:
Monroe County Board of Elections
39 W. Main St.
Rochester, New York 14614
Note: This address is for Monroe County residents only.
Registration forms are available at most government offices, post offices and libraries or you may register in person at the Monroe County Board of Elections Office, 39 W. Main Street, Rochester, New York (Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.).
When registering to vote via the DMV make sure you receive the correct form. One form allows you to register for the first time, the other form is used if you've moved within Monroe County and wish to notify the Board of Elections of your new address to maintain active voting status. Also note it can take up to a month for registrations from the DMV and other social service agenies to reach the board. Therefore your registration will be postmarked timely as of the date received by the Monroe County Board of Elections.
Call 585 753-1550 and a registration form will be sent to you in the mail to complete and return.
Email your request for a registration form to [email protected]. Be sure to include your mailing address.
If you want to vote in an election, you must mail or deliver your completed registration form to the Board of Elections no later than 10 days before the election in which you want to vote. Your eligibility to vote will be based on the date you file this form, and the county board will notify you of such.
You do not need to register each time you wish to vote. Once you register, you will remain permanently registered unless you move or are convicted of a felony.
Name and/or address changes can be made by submitting a new registration form in any manner permitted for a registration application.
If you move, your notice of change of address must be received by the Board of Elections up to:
- 10 days before the election in which you seek to vote.
- If you have missed the 10 day deadline, you may contact the Board of Elections for your new polling site where you will be allowed to vote on a paper, Affidavit ballot.