Winterfest 2023: Coming Soon!
Sunday, January 29th 2023 - 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Winterfest is back! We're excited to bring back this beloved community event. Bring the whole family and come on out to Mendon Ponds Park for a FREE, fun-filled, action-packed day, brought to you by County Executive Adam J. Bello, and the Monroe County Department of Parks!
The event is spread throughout the park, including the Nature Center area, East & West Lodges, Evergreen Shelter, Hopkins Point Lodge, on the trails, and on the sledding hills!
Event runs from 11:00 am till 3:00 pm.
Families enjoying hayrides provided by Heberle Stables at Winterfest in January 2020.
- Arts & Crafts, Kids Activities
- Sledding- in designated areas, near East Lodge and Stewart Lodge, only.
- Demos and Try-it opportunities at many booths/stations.
- Hikes and Learning Opportunities
Organizations setting up a booth/station include:
- Mercy Flight
- Helicopter landing demonstration 1pm
- Rochester Ecology Partners - Ecology Scavenger Hunt
- RMSC - Rochester Eclipse Infromation
- Monroe County Planning
- GreenSpark Solar - Solar charge trailer
- Cornell Cooprative Extention
- Chef's Food Truck
- Eat Greek Food Truck
- Wildwings Bird Sanctuary
- Monroe County Sherriff Mounted Patrol
East and West Lodge:
- Zoo Mobile (11-2 only)
- Heberle Stables - Hay Rides (11-2 only)
- Pittsford HS Interact Club - Games, face painting, and balloon animals
- Monroe County Office of Diversity Equity and Inclusion - Crafts
- GROC - Bike trail informaiton
- GeoROC - Geocaching demonstration
- Monroe County Department Enviromental Services - Recycling demo
- ADK CLUB GVC - Snow shoe demo
- Rochester Orienteering Club - Orienteering Demo
Parking- at each shelter, lodge, or parking lot. East and West Lodge closed for Hay rides to turn around and load in, as well as Stewart lots closed for display purposes.
Bathrooms- there are flush toilet facilities, portapotties, and pit toilets conveniently distributed throughout the park.
Staying Warm- each lodge has a warming fire.