Phone: (585) 753-5064
Fax: (585) 753-5013
Open Office Hours:
111 Westfall Road, Room 832
Rochester, NY 14620
Additional office hours are available by appointment. Please call 585-753-5064 to schedule.
What we do:
- Issue permits to Food Service Establishments in Monroe County.
- Enforce Subpart 14-1 of the New York State Sanitary Code.
- Conduct routine inspections of regulated food service establishments, including restaurants, schools, bakeries, delicatessens, mobile vendors, and temporary food vendors.
- Respond to complaints of public health significance.
- Offer technical consultation and food worker certification training.
- Evaluate high risk establishments using HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point) Principles.
- Investigate reports of food borne illness.
- Respond to emergencies that could result in food contamination such as occurs with fires, floods, power outages, and chemical and biological contamination.
- Participate in food recalls and embargoes.
- Participate in food and human specimen sampling and testing for food borne illness causing organisms or agents.
- Review plans for new and expanded facilities to ensure code compliance.
- Respond to information requests from the general public and food service operators.
- Application for a Permit to Operate a Brick & Mortar Food Service Establishment updated
- Application for a Permit to Operate a Mobile Food Service Establishment (Truck, Trailer, Cart) new
- Application for a Permit to Operate at a Seasonal Farmer's Market
- Application for a Permit to Operate a Temporary Food Service Establishment
- NOTE: Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit Applications must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the event start date.
PLAN APPROVAL APPLICATIONS
- Application for Approval of Plans for a Brick & Mortar Food Service Establishment
- Application for Approval of Plans for a Mobile Truck or Trailer Food Service Establishment
- Hot-Cold Holding Waiver Request Form
- Request to Add Catering to Existing Brick & Mortar Food Service Establishment Permit new
Food Service Guidance Documents
- Seasonal Farmers Market Information
- Recommended Checklist for New or Remodeled Establishments
- Pushcart Requirements
- Commissary Requirements
- Mobile Requirements
- Food Sampling & Tasting at Public Events
- Non-TCS Foods at Events
- First Aid For Choking Poster
- Questions and Answers For Temporary Food Vendors (Fairs/Festivals/Food Sampling Booths)
- Temporary Hand Wash Set-up
- Food Safety Temperature Guide
- Cooling and Reheating of Potentially Hazardous Foods
- HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point) Principles
- Hand washing and Glove Use for Food Workers
- Procedures for Safe Storage of Eggs and Foods Made With Eggs
- Use of Hands in Preparation of Ready to Eat Foods
- Keeping Food Safe during an Emergency
NYS Sanitary Code
- Subpart 14-1 of the NYS Sanitary Code - Food Service Establishments
- Subpart 14-2 of the NYS Sanitary Code - Temporary Food Service Establishments
- Subpart 14-4 of the NYS Sanitary Code - Mobile Food Service Establishments and Pushcarts
Food Service Inspection Results
Click Health Data NY to view individual Food Service Establishment Inspection Results provided by New York State Department of Public Health.
Call 585 753-5064 or email [email protected] if you have questions about training requirements.
NOTE: Monroe County classroom training is currently suspended. Please refer to the Guide to Food Worker Training Certification document for a list of local and online training providers.