At this time, the following individuals are eligible to schedule an appointment:
- Individuals with recent exposure to a suspected or confirmed mpox case within the past 14 days.
- Those at high risk of a recent exposure to mpox, including gay men and members of the bisexual, transgender, and gender non-conforming community and other communities of men who have sex with men and who have engaged in intimate or skin-to-skin contact with others in the past 14 days areas where mpox is spreading.
- Individuals who have had skin-to-skin contact with someone in a social network experiencing mpox activity, including men who have sex with men who meet partners through an online website, digital application ("app"), or social event, such as a bar or party.
- Any individual that may be at risk of future exposure to infection with mpox, even though they are not at high risk of a recent exposure to mpox.
If eligible based on the above criteria, the following individuals are strongly encouraged to consider vaccination:
Your partners are showing symptoms of mpox, such as a rash or sores.
You met recent partners through online applications or social media platforms (such as Grindr, Tinder or Scruff), or at clubs, raves, sex parties, saunas or other large gatherings.
You have a condition that may increase your risk for severe disease if infected with mpox virus, such as HIV or another condition that weakens your immune system, or you have a history of atopic dermatitis or eczema.
People With Mpox
Vaccination is not recommended for people who have been diagnosed with mpox. These individuals will NOT eligible to make an appointment.
Close Contacts of People With Mpox
If the Department of Public Health has notified you because you are close contact with someone who has a mpox infection, we will automatically provide you an opportunity to be vaccinated. You will not need to schedule an appointment online.
If you meet the above eligibility criteria, use one of the options below to register. Bring identification with you to your appointment, and if you are insured, your medical insurance card (you will not be charged for the vaccine).
Register For Vaccination - Trillium Health
Walk-in Vaccine Clinic
Walk-in Mpox Vaccinations are also available at our Sexual Health Clinic at Bull's Head, newly located at 819 West Main St., Rochester NY 14611. (Please be aware, our hours and services may vary throughout December while we move from the former clinic location at 855 W. Main St. )
Walk in Hours:
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
2nd Dose Scheduling
First dose patients must wait at least four weeks before getting a second dose. You will automatically receive an appointment for a second dose, but the date may be postponed depending on vaccine availability or a change in NYS guidance. MCDPH will notify you if we need to modify your appointment.