Assistant Conflict Defender Grade II - Family Court
Attention: Effective February 2023 - December 2024, Monroe County full-time employees will receive a $1,000 quarterly retention payment. Apply today. Another great reason to join the Monroe County workforce!
Description of Duties
This is a Family Court Attorney position located in the Department of Public Safety, Conflict Defender’s Office. This position involves the legal representation of indigent persons in Monroe County Family Court in all areas of Family Court where an individual is entitled to the appointment of counsel including Article 10 (abuse/neglect matters), custody/visitation matters, willful violations of a child support order and domestic violence matters. The employee reports directly to and works under the general supervision of the Special Assistant Conflict Defender in charge of Family Court representation and the Conflict Defender. Does related work as required.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
1. The Assistant Conflict Defender shall be an attorney duly licensed to practice law in the State of New York.
2. The Assistant Conflict Defender must have the ability to build relationships with clients and possess clear and effective communication skills.
3. The Assistant Conflict Defender must show a commitment to clients and exceptional advocacy.
4. The Assistant Conflict Defender must have an ability to work with judges, lawyers, court administrators, other persons within the court system, and court officials.
5. The Assistant Conflict Defender should have experience working with low income individuals or communities of color and a commitment to racial equity, diversity and inclusion.