Food Service Worker, Part-Time
Attention: Monroe County full-time employees will receive a $1,000 quarterly retention payment each quarter in 2024! Apply today - another great reason to join the Monroe County workforce!
Description of Duties
This is routine work involving responsibility for the sanitary, efficient and safe performance of duties related to the preparation and serving of food. Work is performed under the direct supervision of Food Service supervisory personnel, who inspect the work for adequacy and conformance to standards. Supervision of others is not a responsibility of this class. Does related work as required.
IN ORDER TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THIS POSITION, AN APPLICANT SHOULD POSSESS, OR BE ABLE TO:
- Wash pots and pans
- Clean small and large equipment
- Clean walls, floors, baseboards, light fixtures, tables and chairs
- Assist in food preparation
- Restock areas and dispensers with food, beverages, soap, paper products, etc.
- Dispose of garbage and refuse
- Deliver food to nursing units
- Operate cash register if necessary
- Working knowledge of cleaning techniques, food preparation, and serving practices
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to get along with others