Senior Personnel Analyst, prov.
Attention: Monroe County full-time employees will receive a $1,000 quarterly retention payment each quarter in 2024! Apply today - another great reason to join the Monroe County workforce!
Description of Duties
This is a senior-level professional personnel position involving responsibility for the implementation of personnel policies, practices, and procedures in a central personnel office, or in the personnel section of a large government department, agency, or school district. Employees may be assigned to direct the activities of a functional area in a large central personnel office, or may be assigned to oversee the personnel activities in a small government department or agency. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of, a higher-ranking personnel staff member or other administrative staff member, in accordance with established policies and procedures, Civil Service law, and local rules and regulations. Independence is allowed for in establishing internal procedures, schedules, and priorities required to carry out assigned activities. Direct or general supervision is exercised over subordinate personnel staff and/or clerical employees. This position differs from parallel positions in the Personnel Technician series in that the latter career series is restricted to use in a civil service/personnel office. Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Labor Relations, Industrial Relations Personnel Administration, or Human Resource Development, or a closely related field plus one (1) year of experience in personnel activities including interviewing, recruitment, selection, labor or employee relations, position classification, or staff development and training; OR,
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor's degree, and two (2) years of experience as described in (A); OR,
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate’s degree, plus four (4) years of experience as defined in (A) above; OR,
- Five (5) years paid full time or its part time equivalent experience in a clerical or secretarial position in a personnel department involving either independent responsibility for the performance of duties in support of a staff engaged in activities described in (A) or for the supervision of a clerical unit which supports the activities described in (A); OR,
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B), and (C) above.