Supplemental SNAP Ending in February
Due to federal changes, the last supplemental Emergency Allotment of SNAP benefits will be distributed in February 2023. Starting in March you will only get 1 monthly payment, your normal benefit. Find your normal benefit at www.mybenefits.ny.gov or by calling 1-888-328-6399.
This change may cause financial challenges for your family. Here are some things you can do:
- Shop at places that provide extra value for your SNAP dollar. This includes the Rochester Public Market, Abundance Food Co-Op or Foodlink's Curbside Market.
- Learn about the Emergency Food Network, where you can get free groceries and meals. Visit www.FoodlinkNY.org or call 2-1-1.
- You likely qualify for discounts on your internet service through the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- If you have children under 5, are pregnant or are breastfeeding, you may be eligible for the WIC nutrition program.
- Remember - Your SNAP benefits roll over month to month for 274 days. Any unused portion can be used in future months. If you’ve recently experienced a loss in income or an increase in expenses (housing, childcare fees, child support payments, allowable medical expenses) report verification of those changes through the NYS Mobile Upload DocSubmit app available on Google Play or the Apple Store to have your SNAP benefits reviewed.
- For more information about the end of the SNAP Emergency Allotment program, visit the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability SNAP FAQ here.
Get help with 2022 taxes and any COVID stimulus or Child Tax Credit money you are owed