Phone: (585) 753-5057
The term cooling tower means a cooling tower, evaporative condenser, fluid cooler or other wet cooling device that is capable of aerosolizing water, and that is part of, or contains, a recirculated water system and is incorporated into a building’s cooling process, an industrial process, a refrigeration system, or an energy production system.
New Statewide regulations require the registration, testing, inspection and certification of cooling towers. There are over 600 cooling towers registered within Monroe County.
- Respond to inquiries regarding cooling towers.
- Accept required notifications from cooling tower operators within Monroe County.
- NYS Cooling Tower Registration
- Preparing to Register a Cooling Tower
- NY Subpart 4-1 Cooling Towers
- NYS Legionnaires' Disease and Legionella Information
- Contact Information for NYS Cooling Tower Program
- NYS Dept of Environmental Conservation - Cooling Tower & Pesticide Applications
- ASHRAE Bookstore Link to 188-2015 Legionellosis: Risk Management for Building Water Systems
- CDC - Developing a Water Management Plan for the Prevention of Legionella Growth and Spread in Buildings
- View Public Data for NY State Cooling Towers
Notification of Local Health Department
If you represent the owner of a cooling tower and wish to notify Monroe County of a Legionella test in excess of 1000 cfu, the following information should be sent by email to two email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concentration (cfu/ml)
- Unique cooling tower equipment identification number (UID);
- Date of Legionella culture sample;
- Date of Legionella culture result;
- Name and contact information of individual making report ;
- Address of building/cooling tower; and
- Brief statement of corrective actions taken.