Full Jobs List Full Exams List
Occupational Therapy Aide
Attention: Effective February 2023 - December 2024, Monroe County full-time employees will receive a $1,000 quarterly retention payment. Apply today. Another great reason to join the Monroe County workforce!
Description of Duties
This is a non‑technical position assisting rehabilitation restorative regime and general operation of the occupational therapy program. Incumbents may also carry out routine departmental housekeeping and helper tasks as assigned. The employee reports directly to and works under the instruction and supervision of an Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Therapy Assistant. Incumbents receive on‑the‑job training in routine occupational therapy related duties. Supervision of others is not a responsibility of this class. Does related work as required
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
- One (1) year of full-time or its part-time equivalent paid experience in a patient contact field in an occupational therapy setting, OR;
- Two (2) years of full-time or its part-time equivalent paid experience in direct patient care, such as nursing assistant, nurse’s aide, etc., in a rehabilitative setting, OR;
- Completion of thirty (30) semester credit hours toward a degree in Occupational Therapy or closely related field, OR:
- Certification by New York State Education department as an Occupational Therapy Assistant, OR;
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience as described by the limits of (A), (B), (C), and (D) above.
A candidate needs to have received their primary COVID-19 vaccination series.