The EPPI 2.0 program closed 5/27/22 to new general applications.
All applications pending before 5/27/22 will continue to be processed for City of Rochester/Monroe County households with an emergency need for assistance with rental arrears related to the Covid-19 pandemic. Households must complete an application with an agency administering the program, be interviewed, and provide required documentation based on their individual situation. Landlords may also apply on behalf of their tenant (with the tenant’s consent)
Do you qualify for emergency rental assistance?
- Do you owe back rent since March 2020?
- Are you in receipt of Unemployment Insurance?
- Have you experienced a loss of income or increase in expenses during the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Is your monthly gross (before taxes) household income below 80% Area Median Income?
To find out about other rental assistance currently available, call 211/Lifeline by dialing 211 or 1-877-356-9211.
Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If call wait times are long, you can use the call back feature to avoid waiting on the line. You’ll get a call back when your spot in line is reached. The caller ID will show “1” when 211 calls back.
You may also apply to the NYS Emergency Rental Assistance Program. Learn more here:
Gross Monthly Income Limits
|Household Size||At or Under 80% AMI|
Needed Documentation Will Include:
- Identification for primary applicant
- Social Security Number for each household member (if applicable)
- Verification of earned and unearned household income (such as: unemployment benefit statement, wage stubs, statement from employer, social security statement, child support print-out)
- Statement of rent owed broken down by month
- Attestation of Covid-related hardship (if applicable)
- W-9 form from landlord or property owner
Once the program has received a complete application and eligibility status is confirmed, priority applications are ordered before non-priority applications and in chronological order by the date the complete application was received. The ordering is done based on each day’s batch of new complete applications. Priority applicants will be processed and paid before any non-priority applications received on the same day. Otherwise cases are processed in chronological order.