Phone: (585) 753-5064
Fax: (585) 753-5013
The Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) regulates and permits daycares. However, OCFS requires an annual food inspection conducted by the Monroe County Department of Public Health, Food Protection Program for each daycare facility as part of their permit.
Daycare operators must comply with the NYS Department of Health Sanitary Code, Subpart 14-1 - Food Service Establishments.
What We Do
- Enforce Subpart 14-1 of the New York State Sanitary Code.
- Inspect daycare centers and nursery schools as a requirement of their licensing agencies.
- Respond to food-related complaints.
- Investigate reports of food borne illness.
- Review plans for new and expanded facilities to ensure code compliance.